Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sneak peek for Barbara


I don't normally post my unfinished projects, but since Barbara asked nicely, here are the Love Quilts squares in progress. Sorry about the reflection on the bear chart, I colored it in, but you can see that I finished most of that area anyway. I like to do some backstitching as I go because it's a pain to do it all at once.
The train engine only has backstitching for detail. I have until the end of January for the train and the end of February for the bear.
The bear is from a UK magazine and the train is a Puckerbush design from the 80s!
They are both in q-snaps. I am using that hot pink post-it as a guide and winging following the directions with the engine.

4comments:

  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    WOW! My jaw is hanging down on my chest. You do incredible quilt squares, Dianne! My heavens! Thanks so much for sharing them - I am really impressed!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Barbara! You made my day. : )
    I have gotten really picky about what I do for the kids over the years. I really go through my designs to find something unusual or cute. The train is the Chattanooga choo choo. So I plan on adding a verse from the same titled song. I want to see the child smiling in my head when they read that.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Beautiful, beautiful work, Dianne. That train caught my eye--it looks very detailed and difficult to do! They must take HOURS and HOURS to finish.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Zoey!
    Yes hours and hours. But I learned to stitch while I watch tv-thank goodness for bifocals.
    I like the diversion of the crocheting too. That works up faster, well if you can follow the direction that is. I just bought more yarn tonight. I can't believe all the color yarns that are available now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS