Thursday, November 17, 2005

Shopaholic alert-my mom must feel better

I ventured down to Media today to spend some time with mom and to take her shopping. I try to run the vacuum after I get there so she doesn't have to.
I had trouble getting down there. First I lost power twice. Then I went in the Dollar Store to look for something and went to check out and the register was down and the people who were originally behind me wouldn't let me in front of them! I did ok at the post office. An elderly lady came in out of breath and wheezing. She scared me but she was better in a few minutes.
Mom gave me way too many gifts, and because my birthday is so close to Christmas I made her save some of them. She gave me a neat watch with interchangeable faces and bands. I had a lavendar sweater on today so I changed the watch to match. She also got me a cute candy dish-the little gingerbread men are holding up a crackle glass dish. I may use it to float candy shaped candles in it. I like Christmas stuff, but not necessarily as birthday gifts. Do you know what I mean or does that sound snobbish?
We went to a store down the pike from her so she could pick up a gift for her boarder from his sister. I can't say what it is, but I got Brian and Sean the same thing for Christmas. It's really a family gift and I think we all will use this item. Aren't you curious?
We went to Michaels and I got a lot of cute things in there for gift giving and decorating. I needed more styrofoam balls for one thing. My little mushroom pin cushions are a hit for gifts, so I may make some more to show the lady up at 'The Mushroom Cap' in Kennett.
Mom took me out to dinner at Carrabbas. I got rigatoni, grilled chicken, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy sauce. Good, but not like The Olive Garden!
While at the mall, Mom bought me a cute chocolate brown cord car coat (Bill Blass-$14.50!), a olive green top that looks like suede, a pretty purple knitted open front sweater and new shabby chic bedsheets. I am so spoiled and to think she wanted to buy me a cashmere sweater! All the above added up to what that would have cost. And I have a black cashmere sweater I got for half nothing at Kohls last year!

1comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Next time you see cashmere at half nothing prices, please get me two! LOL

    Glad you and your mom had such a grand day out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS