Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You know you are a lovely lady...

....your skin is so nice!
Ok, back track. I'm standing in line at the post office like I do every week. A 30- something lady is a head of me in her black jeans covered with tiny white polka dots, causing a bit of a commotion over goodness knows what. I was still waiting my turn and she approached me and said the above. Huh? Oh thanks. (Ok, nice meeting you, be off!!) Hey you with the nice skin, have you heard of Mary Kay? (OMG) I have over 60 contacts and blah, blah and are you interested? I looked at her square in the eyes and said 'Not really'. Ha. It was as though I had slapped her. Honestly, I just bought Sheer Cover from Leeza Gibbons and Melissa 'half pint' Gilbert from an infomercial and I like the stuff-hence the 'nice skin'. I told her that her little girl was sweet and by then she was peeved and just waved me off as she left the post office. She didn't know she was dealing with a saleslady with almost 3,000 transactions (so there!). Sean said she probably fed all prospective clients with the 'nice skin' line. I said, 'Well thanks a lot Sean'. I felt all glowing and 30- something for a brief moment. Oh pooh!

1comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Geez, the NERVE of that woman trying to push her wares on you right in the post office line! You should have told her you did not want to ruin your nice skin with her products! (ohhh, how cruel I can be! LOL)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS