Sunday, September 18, 2005

Late Sunday

I went to my mom's today to deliver a new vacuum to her. The motor on the one I tried to fix must have gone bad. When I plugged it in last week, it sounded like a jet engine taking off! So I suggested that she get a new one from Walmart. Actually Brian and I got it and she paid for it. It was the same exact vacuum for under $40. I wasn't going to pay over $55 for another make that was also 12 amps of power. So today I took off parts that may break (please no) off the old one and took the empty shell out to the trash bin. Then I tried the 'whiz whiz' (we call it that for the scaredy cat here Cosmo). I got up at least two+ pounds of dirt out of her downstairs rugs! That was after I 'raked' (she has a plastic rug rake) up dog hair. I decided to change the bag already just so all that fine dust doesn't get into the motor.

The guys went to Pop-pop's house, so I came home to an empty house. I got my shower and settled in to watch the pre-show for the Emmys and then the actual Emmys. I like to see what the Hollywood gals are wearing. I guess if you once dressed Barbie and her friends, you love evening dresses. ; ) I think the judges have no imagination or something. Brad Garrett is good, but 3 Emmys in a row? I was happy that 'Lost' won for best drama. I got hooked on that show. May season 2 be is as good.

I guess I will be cleaning up the yard decorations this week. I hate to wait until I have to do a mad scramble when the cold weather sets in. I have all the gnomes and fairies in a group already. It looks like they are having a meeting or something.

Mom's birthday is Friday. My two sister-in-laws, my brother, maybe aunt and uncle and I will be taking her to a restaurant that I have never been to. I like the restaurant within walking distance of mom's, but they want to take her somewhere different. I have to write a little something this week in celebration of mom's 75th. I hope she likes her gifts from us. I'll tell you about them after they are given to mom.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS