Saturday, September 10, 2005

Scenes of the day


I took very few photos-it was crowded and not much to photograph.

The banner next to the fairly new clock tower in downtown Kennett Square, PA


Where's Sean? Actually I didn't see him when I took this photo of the masses. See the flood of people behind the rock climbing wall? Sean is in the light yellow plaid shirt and sunglasses.


All I brought home-a free guide (all ads) and 3 locally made bars of soap. The one thing I wanted to see, a cooking demo was all ready over.

2comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    So did you actually get to taste any mushrooms? I vaguely remember Food TV covering the mushroom festival. I thought they had all sorts of mushroom concoctions for tasting (buying?).

    This weekend a tiny town near me has their potato festival. It is a big event (even the governor walks in the parade). Almost everyone goes, except me! They have music, beer tents, potato pancake breakfast, flea market, etc. etc. I don't know why I never go...I like to attend festivals when I am a tourist and yet I never attend the ones in my own area.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hi Zoey!
    I use to be able to sample mushroom soup or portabella burgers when it was more a social event for people who live around here. There is such a mob now that I rarely go and I didn't learn my lesson yesterday.
    We did go to a tailgate sale at my old college and then Super Sunday in my hometown which were crowded too but more fun than yesterday, especially when you get some goodies. Brian got to catch up with his aunt and uncle (who were vendors)as he hasn't seen them for years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS