Thursday, September 08, 2005

Improv


I was getting my 'Bravo fix' tonight and after the season finale of Kathy Griffin's D-list show, an Improv show came on. I love Improv. It really shows the creativity of the performer. There were mostly Saturday Night Live people on tonight. Amy Pollard is a regular. Tina Fey was one of the guests. Tina Fey grew up about 10 miles from me. What they do on this show is pick the guests to do a monologue from a word shouted out in the audience. So Tina kept saying 'I grew up outside of Philadelphia' and mentioned a local tv show called 'Al Alberts Showcase'. My brother happened to be on this show at one time with the school choir and we were in the audience at WPVI. She mentioned the Bicentennial when everyone was painting everything red, white and blue and wearing flags on pants. She mentioned the Phila Art museum and Rocky. That was pretty neat to be able to relate to that. I believe Tina is about to give birth to her first baby, so I wish her well.
Update-thanks to Celebrity Baby Blog:
Live from New York, it's Tina Fey's baby!
Saturday Night Live head writer and Weekend Update co-anchor Tina Fey and her husband Jeff Richmond welcomed a daughter this past Saturday (9-10), who they have named Alice. An NBC rep reveals that the new baby weighed in at a (little!) 5 lbs, 5oz, and that "everyone is safe, home, happy, and thrilled to death." This is the first child for the couple, who have been together for 11 years!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS