Thursday, September 08, 2005

Arachnophobia

I like some bugs, but spiders bother me. It has to do with an article I read years ago about the brown recluse spider and Brian's dad. A lady had been cleaning her stylist chair in the basement of her house (she cut hair down there) and a brown recluse was hiding under it and bit her on the arm. Her arm got painful and swollen and she got a fever. I believe she ended up getting a hunk of her arm cut out. My father-in-law also had some weird craters on his legs and they wouldn't heal. The doctors at the wound center were perplexed and guessed the sores were caused by spider bites. So you see where my fear came from.
Yesterday I was in our bedroom getting dressed and a large spider was walking along the edge of Brian's armoire. I decided to brush it off and squoosh it with my sneaker. After I brushed it off, it disappeared! Shoot!
It took me forever to settle down last night. I had to look in every corner of the ceiling and shake the pillows. I'm hoping the spider took a hike out of there.
Yesterday I found a small, lifeless black swallowtail near the mailbox. His little antenneas were straight, but his feet were curled under. Probably got in the way of a car, though his wings were undamaged. I rested him gently on a flower in the front garden.


This is a similar butterfly.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS