Monday, September 05, 2005

Surreal setting


Ever feel like you stepped into a movie and all the main characters were stereotypes of what they looked like? Brian's dad told us a restuarant (and bar) up the road from him sold huge cheesesteaks. I just couldn't hack another KFC fix or Domino cardboard pizza. Since Brian worked so hard, Sean and I went up to the place since we didn't have their takeout menu. We walked in and a bleach blonde woman about my age was standing there in what looked like a modified underwear top. Her white top must have came right out of the Frederick of Hollywood's catalog. It was basically a bra with a little lacy piece hanging a bit over her stomach. The back was a criss cross of gold. And I swore she was wearing a g-string. I believe she was the waitress as I saw her carrying a tray of dirty dishes. My 18 yr old got an eye full! The guy making the food was a typical cute, right off the boat Italian. He reminded me of the John Belushi cheeseburger maker. 'Fries, you whata two-ok.' A little, old black man with a big grin and probably nice buzz and who was probably a regular, came in and said 'hello, I'm Mr. Byrd'. What's that? He pointed to his shirt-his name was embroidered on his shirt! Seeing Sean sitting there, he reintroduced himself and invited my boy to the bar. I said, 'he's only 18'. I guess Sean looked like a nice kid to chat to.
And the cheesesteaks were huge! Next time-delivery.

4comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Dianne, when you talked about the Italian restaurant, I had to laugh! The waitress sounds like gal I have representing myself on my new blog (I'm catching on to html) at Blogger. You have to get over there and see the flash and trash, lol! I know it's tasteless and tawdry, but I'm just playing now, learning the tricks as I go. There's an entry there about you that you must see. When you talk about John Belushi's "Cheeseburger OK," I think "Pepsi, Pepsi! No Coke.... Pepsi!" Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss journey. I hope I can keep inspiring you and don't let you down. I'm much happier doing something so positively for myself and it gives me a feeling of having control over some part of my life. I wish I only had 20 pounds to lose like you, and you're smart to catch it before it becomes as serious as my weight problem is. You're a beautiful woman and have the "gappy" smile I love about my favorite SIL. It's so distinctive and gives a fun loving look to a pretty face. I'll gross you out someday and get you a picture of my distinctive little birthmarks in my lower lip that runs in our Knowles branch of the family.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hi Nancy!
    Glad you liked my blog entry. I just had to share that one.
    Do I have your blog addy or is it NNN?
    Did I say I only have 20 pounds to lose? No way-more like 40. I think I would feel better 20 pounds lighter.
    Thanks for what you said about me. I appreciate that. And ditto to you, minus the gap talk-lol

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    My sister dresses like she just stepped out of her boudior - it's all the high fashion these days.

    She's 34 and lives in California, and I swear I have to put these old eyes back into my head after every time I see her. She actually covered herself for my grandmother's funeral last week. I was amazed.

    I can't believe how old she makes my 42 years feel!

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    What is cheesesteak? I have never heard of it before. We don't have that in Canada.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS