Friday, September 09, 2005

Another anniversary


I cross stitched a square for the WTC (World Trade Center) quilt project back in 2002. I was looking at this site as the woman who made the three for the above project is starting up another project for Hurricane Katrina victims. She had also done one for the Columbine tragedy. My square ended up on the Pennsylvania quilt as I hoped it would. Kathi (the seamstress and organizer) tried to put people in order of where they lived. I did the apple pie square. The plane went down in Somerset County about 4 squares away from mine on the quilt. It is outlined in red. Very scary and such a sad anniversary.







Incidently, Shanksville is 3 hours and 46 minutes away from where we live. See the purple line and go right to left. Geez, my friend Melanie from suburban Pitts lives a lot closer!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS