Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day weekend

We filled up our days pretty good this year.
Saturday-Brian trimmed the forsythia bushes for the second (and probably last time) this year. I'd love for him to get a chainsaw and really cut them in half, but he won't. I weed whacked around the front yard. I didn't realize how weedy my little flagstone path leading to the side yard was! It looks so nice now.
Sunday-Brian's dad gets a belated birthday gift (from June though he had the paint and accessories stored at his house). The guys put the first coat of white paint on the wood part of his dad's porch. It was a long time coming. I cleaned the big bay window and most of the siding on the porch and even started painting a rickety bench there. The prep took the most time. I helped with a wire brush and then I wiped down the three posts holding up the porch. I even cleaned the porch light and today bought Dad C a new door mat. Needless to say, we were tired today.
Monday-I was so achy I didn't get to sleep until after three this morning. I didn't hurt until I laid down on the bed. I wanted to go mattress shopping, but we just weren't up to it. I hope to do that in a few days time. Brian took me to Big Lots and I got another bookcase for my cookbooks and then Sean drove us to Olive Garden (down in Delaware) and we had a nice dinner. The guys got the 'endless bowl of pasta' which they have on a separate menu on the table. If you don't pick that up, you don't see it. They could only manage one bowl each as they had two huge pieces of sausage to eat. I had Chicken Cattelina (I think) with sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and mushrooms. After dinner we hit Marshalls and I bought a cute pair of celery green leather slide-ons with bows on top. I have lots of clothes this color. When we got home I cut Brian's mop.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS