Friday, September 02, 2005

Stitcher's Blogger question...

What do you use to hold your fabric while you stitch? A hoop, a Q-Snap, a scroll frame, something else, or do you stitch in hand? Have you always used just the one thing, or have you tried one or more of the others? Which do you like best, and why?
When I first started I used one of those round, metal embroidery hoops. I've had wooden ones too. I don't like the mark it leaves on the fabric. I found q-snaps about the time I started doing the charity quilts because I knew there had to be a better way. I love them! (but not the big cumbersome ones). I like my fabric tight and my 'x's uniform. Sorry those of you who hold in hand, I can tell when a stitcher does this as the 'x's aren't as straight-my opinion. They may have more of a homemade look which is perfectly fine-whatever floats your boat. I DO hold smaller pieces in my hand and find that my hand gets tired faster. I have a scroll frame that I haven't really grown use to.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS