Thursday, August 11, 2005

Gardening Journal

You know I just realized that my blog is the best journal ever for keeping track of what I am doing in the yard this year! I do have a 'hard copy' journal in the form of a Mary Englebreit hardback book that's divided into months and has a ribbon divider. I can easily fill up those pages in no time. I did use it to write down the names and colors of the 10 new daylilies I just purchased. I am trying to figure out what to do with them all. I have 10 for mom (as mentioned earlier) plus a few Asian lilies for her. I can't garden in this kind of weather. I was pulling weeds under the shade of my blue spruce earlier and I was wilting fast.
I am having so much fun reading other gardening blogs. Zoey (Perennial Passion on sidebar) had a 'guess the plant' question yesterday. From her description, it was a plant I had here for years that I thought was lamb's ear. The plant Zoey was referring to was called 'Rose Campion'.
You learn something new everyday!

1comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Hi Dianne, I, too, find the old blog to be quite handy when I can't remember when I planted something, etc. More than once I have gone back looking thru old posts to get an answer. I wonder if an entire blog can be printed out? Hmmmm...that would probably be a LOT of pages. Is there a way you can save an entire blog on a CD or something?
    Glad to know my post made you more knowledgeable. Don't you just LOVE this blog world?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS