Thursday, August 11, 2005

A big box of daylily fans arrived today...

...right at the beginning of our 5th heat wave. Darn-it! I hoped it would stay in the 80s so I can get my 10 daylilies planted and Mom's 10 planted at her house. I got these from an eBay seller in Utah and she didn't send planting directions. I googled 'when do you plant bare-root daylilies' and found an answer-within 2 weeks. So I have some time. They said if you can't get them in the ground to keep them in a cool, moist place. I have them in the living room near the air vent-lol
I was out digging up around where I wanted mine to do. Bare roots look so much easier to plant then getting a big pot from the nursery. I sure hope they make it ok as they were expensive! And I can't wait to get my mom's planted for her.

1comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    How exciting--not one, but 10 new ones. You will sure have something to look forward next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS