Saturday, August 06, 2005

I bought more plants...


Well, I mostly bought mums for under $2 each at Wally World. I also bought some pretty pinkish and ruffly coleus (I really like them this year) that I will but in a display with some ornament grass I just purchased. Got a container of Black-eyed Susans and one of Nicotiana in three shades-one is lime, my favorite. Bought some Asian lilies for my mom's future lily garden for $1 each and in all colors, minus the flowers. I will also give mom a few mums. All the above plants were around $25, so a bargain indeed. We don't get our first frost for a while, so I can enjoy the plants for about 2 more months.
I found a couple of pumpkins growing today in the patch! Woo-hoo! Now I think I better protect them from the beasties. Maybe I should get fine wire mesh to surround them in? LOL
Mom felt good enough to tidy up her room a bit today. I am still after her to take the herbal supplements. She said she would try them. I get misty-eyed when I think about her and me wanting to do things around her house to make her happy. I couldn't find the sprayer thing at Walmart, so I guess I better go to the home & garden center. I have to make that green stuff on the shingles history!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS