Saturday, August 06, 2005

Shooting fur balls

I was down at my mom's again yesterday to get her vacuum running. I knew it needed a belt. I rummaged around a drawer at her house and found one. I have the same vacuum (I helped her buy it), so I know how it works. It usually is a wonderful 12 amp (Bissell Powerglide) that gets all the crud out of your rugs. Well, after I reassembled the roller and belt, I tried it out. I'm doing all this tinkering in an room that isn't air conditioned and the sweat was running down my face. The new belt broke within minutes! I took the assembly apart (again) and went to look for a belt in the drawer. Thank goodness there was an unopened package of the correct belts that I hadn't seen before! Yeah! So I repeated the above and got it running, but the hose part had no suction. Uh-oh! I started to tap it on the floor and out popped all these little furry gremlins! The dog's long blonde fur had clogged up the entire hose part. It must have been this way for a long time because as I vacuumed, I had to do the tapping and shooting of fur balls about 10 times. It's noisy, but it's working.
Sean and I had to take mom to the CVS to get her pills. She did really well walking around in there. It had been since the 11th of July that she was out of her house! This morning she called and said she was in terrible pain. I wish she would try the herbal supplements. I got them out for her and she defiantly said 'not yet'! I told her I take herbs everyday of my life and they don't bother me. I don't know why she is afraid to take a capsule that has rosemary and other herbs in it.
I applied bleach to the green on my mom's house shingles and it looks like it is fading it. I need one of those applicators that people use for Miracle-gro. I can't reach the second floor area without a ladder. I figured I could put bleach where the fertilizer goes and shoot from ground level. I also plan to add topsoil to the side of the house under her dining room window and plant all kinds of daylilies (mom's favorite flower) there. I am hoping to win an eBay auction for 20 daylily fans-10 varieties.
Sean and I went to the mall and had salad and pizza at a place called Carrabba's. It was pretty good. We wanted to do some damage with our Macy's gift cards. I got an Anne Klein watch for 40% off. It's pretty with a two tone chain bracelet and mother of pearl face (with a diamond chip). I got a few pairs of earrings, 2 skirts, a poncho type thingie in aqua, tops for mom and me, and some shirts for Brian and his dad. His dad gets us the g.c.s at Caesars in Atlantic City.
I am trying to get my act together to go to a book sale down the road. I don't need them, but I love to look.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS