Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Daytrip to Lancaster

Sean wanted to go up to Lancaster County to go to the different outlets stores off of Route 30. We live about 22 miles from here. We got a late start-we left around 2:00. The stores are opened until 9 anyway. I think he wanted to try out his car on a longer trip. He was looking for new sneakers and has had good luck at the Adidas store there, but not today. He did get some Penn State Nittany colored blue and white Nikes for a little more money.
I hit Tuesday Morning to look for a few birthday gifts. It was freezing in the store and thus took some enjoyment out of my browsing. I got my sis-in-law the cutest piggie bank dressed in his swim trucks with removable sunglasses.
We went up to another center as we had 20% off coupons for things at various stores not on sale. I hit Liz Claiborne (I love Liz) and got these pretty mocha slacks with no elastic around the waist! I have to turn them up, but they will be great for the fall. And I got 20% off. We went to Gap and tried to use a coupon but the girl wouldn't let us saying the shirt was already marked down. We got a lot of stuff for $58, so we left, but I complained about them at the book store. The bookstore gave me 20% off.
We realize that they send you the coupons to get you up there, but we managed to use 3 of the 4 and saved maybe $10 or so, not too bad.
We ate at the Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed that. Sean enjoyed the waitress who looked like a dark haired Bo Derek.
Sean went back to get the Nikes and then he dropped me off at a book sale. That's when the weariness hit me. I managed to sniff out 2 gardening books and a cross stitch book. The last place we went to was the Pepperidge Farm outlet store for some bread and goodies.
I noticed they are building up Route 30. There was a new miniature golf course with a big pirate ship as one of the holes across from the Steamboat hotel (it looks like a steamboat with it's big wheel on the side). I want to eat at the Waffle House one of these days which is across from the Rockvale outlets. It use to be a Dairy Queen which was in the movie 'Witness'.
I have to tell you that on the way up there I was checking out house gardens because it's such a green and fertile area. I was disappointed not to see more going on. The ones I saw looked like they were tended to with love, much like the ones my gardening blog pals and I tend to. It's a shame not more people find joy in such a simple and easy hobby. I mean, you have to weed and feed, but it's a hobby you develop to your own taste over the years.
We saw a few buggies on the way home around 8 pm. I thought all the Amish went to bed at 8!
Here's a good joke I heard from a guy named Vic on Comedy Central last night- 'When the other countries heard that Bush and the USA were going to war, they stared at him like Amish in a Circuit City.'
PS-Good luck to Dana Reeve who announced she had lung cancer at age 44. Hasn't that poor woman been through enough? I heard she didn't smoke. Scary thing.

2comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    sounds like a fun day. What gardening books did you get at the bookstore?

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    LOL-I was going to do that earlier but got sidetracked. I'll gather them up and do that after dinner sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS