Thursday, August 04, 2005

Green fried tomatoes at Dianne's


Last night I was making turkey meatloaf (I sub turkey a lot for hamburger) and decided to have fried eggplant as the side dish. There was also a green tomato sitting there and I thought, what the heck, I'll fry that up too! Did you know that tomatoes turn red from the inside out? All I did was slice the veggies up, dip them in an egg wash, then Italian style bread crumbs. I salted and peppered them (and threw on a little garlic powder) while they sauteed in olive oil (another staple of mine). I thought they were very good. The fellas said 'they were all right'. Guess they like zucchini fritters a little better.
It's a steam bath already. I have a package to mail to Lititz, PA (I could drive there too) for eBay. I may walk around Big Lots for a change of scenery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outside the petunias are gettting a little leggy and I will probably take scissors to them. I finally got the pump in the pond to sit upright by replacing the container it was in. The water is crystal clear! It should be as it's been replaced about 5 times. I could see and remove all the stringy algae.
I have raising some hibisicus that when mature will give me blooms the size of dinner plates.
The little seedlings are only about 2 inches tall and under the shade of the umbrella today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Above are a couple of bookmarks I made for my niece and nephew. They are stitched on a vinyl type of product, so fractional stitches aren't used except for half stitches. Kenny plays guitar, so that was perfect for him. I made up both verses. Tori's says, "Nemo likes finding Tori with a book". Kenny's says "It's so cool to strum a chord, now open this book and you won't be bored". I like making bookmarks as they only take a few evenings to complete.

1comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Fried Green Tomatoes -- oh, it's been a while since I had those. I make mine about the same way only I used butter and I do not put garlic powder on them. Do you ever fry the yellow summer squash? It is one of my summer favorites.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS