Thursday, August 11, 2005

And stitchingwise...

I am working mainly on finishing up a charity square of little bluebird babies in a nest which are surrounded by apple blossoms. I swear it looked easier than it is. And I snuck that wildflower piece in there for Allie (see sidebar). I'll get it done. I have a stitch-along to complete. Actually started the Prairie Santa piece ages ago. I'm trying to get my tribe.net stitching group (I head a group of over 60 stitchers) to do one by Sept. 1.
Some of the stitching bloggers questions off the top of my head:
No, I don't dye my own fabric for stitching. I use white most of the time for Love Quilts. I have heard you can use jello to dye fabrics. For the heck of it, I may just try that sometime on a small piece of fabric. I'd love to have a deep pink.
And I believe this week's question dealt with whether or not I have a rotation of my stitched wall pieces-LOL Well, I have a few things that I have stitched on display-one is a Prairie Schooler garden sampler (made into a banner) hanging on a twig in the family room.

There's a Just Nan-Big bee-Little Bee (I think) right behind me on my Martha Washington sewing cabinet.

And in the living room is Judy Garland as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz sitting with the other Oz collectibles. I am getting tired of looking at that for over 2 yrs and it will probably be changed and Dorothy may go in the box with everything else.

That's about it I think.

This post is in memory of Kyle B. who I made a collie dog head (it's on the right in the photo there)for a LQ we made for him last year. He almost made it to his 16th birthday.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS