Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Finished Charity quilt square

I had a little time before dinner to sit a spell. The luggage is pretty much packed. I need to water some flowers outside after we eat. Yesterday I planted the iris rhizomes that came. I thought a few didn't look that great, so I will email the company to see about replacements for them.
I went to the doctor and more or less the midwife (a new lady who looks like an older version of my sister-in-law MaryAnne) said my odd complaints are due to my age. Oh great.
Anyway, here is a charity square I just completed. They are for a bird themed quilt and are baby blue birds.

4comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    What a lovely block! I hope you can post a picture of the completed quilt. How many hours did it take to complete that block? It looks so detailed.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks Zoey!
    Gee, I know some people keep track of how much time they put in a design. I'd say easily 50 hours or more (I stitch mainly at night in front of the tv when I'm not online).
    I will try to post the finished quilt too.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I thought it looked like you had put in a LOT of hours. Great job and you are so nice to do that for a charity!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those little birdies are the sweetest! What a nice thing to do, Dianne.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS