Thursday, August 18, 2005

Pooped

So Sean and I couldn't wait until today when it was cooler outside to move about 50 pounds of weeds out of my mom's side garden. I haven't seen weeds like that for a long time. We had to borrow the neighbor's wheelbarrow to move what we pulled out, and we almost pulled our guts out. Thank goodness for a strong, young man to help his achy middle-aged mom. It took a few hours, but we transformed an ugly area into a daylily bed with about 16 different kinds of daylilies scattered about (most came from an eBay seller in Utah-I think that is neat). I just need to find some mulch somewhere to finish it off. Of course there had to be some sticky weed amongst the grass and honeysuckle. I also applied more Tilex on the house shingles where I could reach and it is whitening them up.
Mom just told me my younger brother is replacing her rain gutters for her! One had completely fallen down in the back. So gradually we are helping her out. I even put her name in to win $5k of flooring from the HGTV site. If she could win that! Wow! Cross your fingers for Jeanne. No one else is more deserving.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS