Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005 ya'll!

The years are zooming by it seems. Sean said he can't believe how fast even the days go by now at his young age.
Yesterday the three of us went to see Brian's dad and Bri tried to install a new VCR for him. We had given it as a Christmas gift for him. Bri couldn't figure out the cable wires or whatever so it's not hooked up. We went to dinner afterwards like we did last New Years Eve. I keep thinking about how many dinners out Sean will spend with us once he 'spreads his wings'. There were young couples with babies at the restaurant and the memories of when Sean was tiny came flooding back to me. He'll always be my baby.
After dinner we stopped by Kmart. There aren't too many left around here and the one in Exton was deserted too. I like the Martha Stewart stuff and have a growing Christmas ornament collection from years past-all 50% off.
When we got home we just vegged out. I got some Baklava out of the freezer and settled in to watch the different New Year's Eve shows. I had a little Irish Creme and then 'bubbly' later on.
Today Sean and I ran down to mom's to take her out a little while. She seemed really blue yesterday. We got some Chinese and went to Borders and got some half-priced calendars. I got the cross stitching daily one, but just for the patterns. My sister-in-law was taking down her tree already when we ran over to get belated Xmas gifts from my brother Don who lives in Florida. Don gave Sean an Einstein t-shirt and me a tote bag made from vintage 50s fabric. It's cool to see the lights on the way home. There are a few places that look like Christmas palaces with all the lights they have on their houses and in the yard.
One more day for Sean and two for Brian.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS