Friday, October 01, 2004

Four for Friday

FOUR FOR FRIDAY
Q1: Did you watch last night's televised debate between President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry? If so, despite which candidate you support, who do you feel did a better job? If you didn't watch, are you planning on watching either of the two remaining televised Presidential debates or next Tuesday's Vice Presidential debate?
It was so obvious-John Kerry sounded and looked very Presidential while GW Bush paused a lot, said 'you know' and 'ummm' and drank a lot of water. He is better speaker all around and Bush knew it. Bush also repeated himself and couldn't even fill some of the allotted time he was given.
I do plan to watch the remaining two debates. I can't wait to see Edwards against Cheney!
Q2: Have you ever given something up--either for religious reasons or just because you wanted to--for a specified period of time? If so, how did that work out for you... were you able to stick with it for the duration of time you had originally planned or did you cave earlier than planned? If you can remember, what was it that you gave up and why?
Oh the Lent question. I am pretty good at giving up meat on Fridays, though I get tired of it during the duration of Lent. Another time I tried to give up food is during diets. I tried not to eat hamburgers once during a Liver cleansing diet and I think that lasted one month. I am not a big hamburger eater, I substitute ground turkey now. But I like a Junior Whopper once in a while. My willpower stinks because I am by myself so much and could be busier. The busier I am, the more weight I lose anyway.
Q3: If you could change jobs tomorrow in order to start working directly for anyone in the world--either dead or alive--whom would you choose to work for and what would you do?
I'd love to work at Martha Stewart Living magazine and help design craft items for her magazine. I think that is one of the classiest magazines out there.
Q4: Halloween is just 30-days away. What's your best Halloween-related memory and/or costume?
Once I dressed my brother up as the grim reaper when I was into Monty Python. He wore my grandmom's hooded, bulky bathrobe. I made him a sickle and did his makeup. I really loved dragging my costumes to elementary school. Once I wore my mom's wedding dress that she had cut off (it didn't hold any meaning to her anymore). I also loved trick or treating with my brothers. I made most of my son's costumes. The last time he dressed up, five yrs ago, he was a crewsman from the Titanic. He had a whistle and a life preserver. He has been the Phantom of the Opera and a Wizard to name a few of the costumes I assembled for him.

1comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I happen to be looking through some old computer papers and saw a photo of Sean as 'Inspector Gadget' which was the last time he trick or treated back in 1999. He wore his dad's trench coat, a plastic fedora and a glove with a toothbrush, paintbrush, etc. sticking out of the fingers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS