Thursday, September 30, 2004

Surprise phone call

I was sitting here going through my endless piles of paper when the phone rang. I knew who it was right away and was both surprised and anxious to talk to the caller. It was one of my newer pals Kathy who is a mutual pal to my friend Karin. Now Karin's been in the hospital for almost a week due to complications from surgery. I was scared Kath was going to give me bad news. Karin isn't doing good post surgery and was getting sick enough that she had to have a tube down her throat. This is the third operation Karin has had in 5 yrs and she isn't even out of her 30s yet. I appreciated my 'New Yorker' pal Kath calling and we hit it off good and chatted a while until my blasted insurance company called and interrupted us. It's so nice to talk to someone you've only written emails to.
I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I feel like I have something but the weird feeling comes and goes. My bod is probably fighting a bug. My throat is a bit scratchy though. Brian said he was all achy today. Something gets in your system and settles in good.
The presidential debates are on and I hope 'the smart' candidate shines. I don't want to get into squabbles with anyone, but we need a change in DC so badly. I want to shake people and make them think. Oprah was good yesterday. She had Drew Barrymore and other celebs who were recruiting people to vote, esp young women who rarely vote. I have never skipped voting in a major election. My first official election was 1980 and I voted for Jimmy Carter who I still think is a wonderful man. My son Sean is voting this year and he is using his brain. Good for him. He is weighing his options.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS