Wednesday, September 29, 2004

'If' Meme of the day

IF you were to describe your life right now as a hallway with six closed doors, what signs would you put on the three doors that you want to open, and on the three doors that you want to keep locked?
The three doors I want to open and keep opened are-'Love', 'Family' and 'Creativity'. The doors I want to keep locked are 'Past Hurts', 'Ignorance' and 'Prejudice'.
There are lots of other doors that I would like to open and keep locked, believe me! I thought these were really important. So many people live their lives based on things that happened to them in the past. They didn't use them as learning tools for the future. For myself, I have kept past hurts locked for a long time and when my grandmom died four years ago, that darn door got opened a bit. But the 'past hurt' had lots of 'love' from my grandmom in there. What happened was when I was little (about 2-3), I slept on a cot in the hallway instead of in a bedroom. My brother had come along a year after me and took my crib. Instead of putting me in with my grandmom, they stuck me in the hallway at the top of the stairs! I could have fallen down the stairs. Was my father such a brute, my mom and grandmom had no say? Anyway, I would wait until my father turned off the light over my head and sneak into the bed with my grandmom who made me feel safe. Lots of time my father would come in and pull me out of the bed and throw me on the cot again. No wonder I am a light sleeper to this day.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS