Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I am not the Energizer Bunny...

...though I try to be. I may have a tummy like him, but I have completely run out of steam-change my blasted batteries! I was painting again today. I use a small roller with a long handle, so it takes a little longer, but it's easier on my arm joints. I have 2 walls left and the ceiling (Brian does that). I am thinking about doing one small wall a darker color from the paint chip just to be a little different. I could get some decent artwork and put a light over it. I am thinking about medium gold for that wall. Red was a slight option (the new sofa), but that may be a bit too dramatic for the guys to stomach.
It occurred to me that painting rooms definitely marks the passage of time. I was thinking back on my mom's house and all the colors that graced the walls in the 21 yrs that I lived there. She had the 60s gold (hmm, see above) and dark avocado green in her living room. Then she went for an 80s peach color when I got married in '84. About 6 yrs ago she went to a minty green. I have had a minty green in my living room and switched to a grayish light blue. I love blue in rooms. Some people think it looks cold, but it a relaxing color and it's in my bedroom too. The family room is a buttery light gold. It was that color before. I was going darker, but in the same color family. I stood at the wall of colors at Sherwin Williams and picked almost the same shade we've been looking at for 12 yrs! I have a sunnier yellow in the guest bedroom and didn't Sean pick an avocado mossy green (geez) for his room last year! My 1960s kitchen in a peachy apricot (think 80s) and I want it to be my Van Gogh sunflower kitchen someday with light yellow cabinets and maybe a blue counter. Still figuring that one out.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS