Monday, September 13, 2004

Stitcher's Blog QOTW

Do you stitch small projects one at a time that you can finish quickly, have numerous large projects going at once that you rotate,or both? How does your current system work for you and have you thought about changing it?
I usually have 2 larger projects and 2 smaller ones. The larger ones are usually the charity quilt squares that I do. I work on 2 at a time so I don't get bored with either one as I need to complete them to have them included in their finished quilts. I am having a hard time with the collie dog head I am completing now. I have the rest of his 'ruff' (new word alert-the fur around his head) to complete before the 27th of Sept. If I don't get it finished, I'll have to stop and make it look half-way decent before I send it. This happens to me sometimes when I am working on an old chart and the symbols are hand drawn. This one had one symbol and a line drawn to indicate to fill in all the blank squares with that color. Lazy!
The two smaller designs are usually Christmas ornaments or something that I know I can finish. I think my current system is working, though I have a few UFOs that I need to get out of the way so I can start something new.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS