Monday, September 13, 2004

Sharing a famous name...

Hey, I can come up with topics too. I was sitting here brainstorming last night....
How about if your name was Charles Manson like the infamous ring leader who killed actress Sharon Tate and the others? Wouldn't that be freaky? I think I'd have to be known as Chip or Chuck or maybe by my middle name. But if you were still a Manson, they you'd be asked if you were related to Charles. That would be a dilemma.
My name is Dianne Carol, the Carol part meant to be the feminine for Carl, my father. When anyone would hear my first and middle name (when I was younger), they thought it sounded like Diahann Carroll from the tv show 'Julia'. At the time I didn't like the comparsion to a lady close to my mom's age and of a different race. My feelings now are that I think Diahann Carroll is one of the loveliest performers ever! She has a class that so many of the younger singers or actresses will never possess. I am proud to have a similar sounding name.
Sometimes Jay Leno (right?) will have people's drivers licenses if they share a famous name or have a funny sounding name. You definitely have a picture of the famous person in your head, and he shows you the driver's license of 'Neil Armstrong' and it's not the first man who walked on the moon.
Once we were looking through a local newspaper and a real estate agent had the same name as Brian (last name too). The guy looked nothing like Brian either. And why would he have to look like him any way? LOL
Sean will do a search for his name and see other Sean Cs on the internet. He has found a few, some in Ireland too. He said 'Look mom, I'm an English professor in Ireland'. : )

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS