Sunday, September 12, 2004

Daydreaming on Paper

Thanks to Mindy for this one. Her jobs were more varied for sure!
List all the jobs that you have had in your lifetime.
First job-babysat for the neighbors when I was about 10-11.
Babysat for most of the kids in a nearby neighborhood-the same families for a number of years.
(See where this is leading?)
Worked at the daycare center at the local community college while I attended there majoring in Early Childhood Education (have a AAS degree).
I worked at another daycare center run by co-owners who liked each other (if you get my drift). There was a main teacher and two assistants (I was one of the later). Talk about getting sick all the time! I got close to the kids, but it was a no where job for a 20 year old-a glorified babysitter (and they made you eat liver). Of course I turned around and got almost the same kind of job a year or so later, but this time was left behind with about 15-2yr olds for 2-3 hours, which can't be legal. The owner hoarded the food she asked the parents to donate. One time the other assistant opened this cupboard and there was a small supermarket in there! I got a weird virus and was so ill I decided to leave and not work in this kind of environment again.
My mom worked in the job placement at Widener College and found me a job at Z & H Uniforms which I had for a year or so and left for a job at Zale's Jewelers. I stayed about 3 weeks until I was asked to pierce someone's ears and it went half way through and the other saleslady had to finish the job! I also couldn't figure out their complicated register with about a zillion buttons.
Right before I got married I found a job in a take-out gourmet shop. I liked this job, but it was a small family run business (the job search lady was the gourment shop lady's mom). After the woman hired a friend who was desparate for a job, they canned me and made a lame excuse for getting rid of me. I had been on my honeymoon in Mexico and was sick and couldn't come in. Who wants to handle food when you are making trips to the bathroom 12 times a day? She said I had had enough time off (1 week) and she was letting me go.
I took a job in this area filling in for teacher's aides when they were out for the day or week in the local school district. Not too cool. They call you about 6 am (short notice most time) and you have to drag yourself out and learn a job in a few hours. Watching kids on a playground wasn't that great. A little girl broke her nose almost right in front of me because she had done a weird twist off the monkey bars.
If you can call eBay a job-well, it's basically making pocket money, then that is what I am into now.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS