Friday, September 03, 2004

Five for Friday

I did get another email from my brother this morning and he said the hurricane may go up further north-only time will tell. We told him to tape up the windows in his place. What a worry as we can't do anything up here in Penna to help him.

1. What is your favorite summer activity?
Planting flowers and making nice little themed gardens-like all white or a fairy inspired garden. Doing general fix-up and decorating outside. Barbecuing is another thing that is generally a summer activity for us. No, we aren't swimmers.
2. What was one great thing you did this summer?
I think just getting my yard in better shape than it's been in years. I bought black metal shelves for my back patio (at a house sale cheap) and organized my tools and clay pots on them. We moved the little 50 gallon black plastic pond to the back yard where I can tend to it better. The best product I found was 'Round Up' that killed the weeds growing in my brick sidewalk and in areas where pulling them up was not going to get rid of them. Last year I had had poison ivy on my left arm so bad, I was willing to try anything this year.
3. When you were a child, what was your favorite summer activity?
Waiting until it was dark and playing hide and seek. Catching lightning bugs, just being outside all day and evening. We were also into swimming pools-the ones you assembly in the backyard.
4. What has been your favorite summer vacation?
The first time we went to Ocean City, MD we stayed at the inlet area where there is 3 sides of ocean around you. It's so serene there except for a low foghorn every 15 minutes.
5. Summer goes well into September, but when do you feel like it is over?
When all the begonias and delicate perennials die from frost. But then when school starts, it's not the same.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS