Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Favorite hobby-Cross stitching

I really find cross stitching to be very relaxing hobby. It's something I've been doing for many years, since I've been about my son's age. Lately it holds new meaning to me, and I can't believe there aren't more stitchers who do this too. I stitch for charity quilts for sick kids. Not only am I doing something for someone else, I am getting my work out there in the world. Let's face it, how many of your family and friends want more cross stitched pictures or pillows in their houses? With the quilts I can stitch a variety of designs. The only thing that urks me and other people are the deadlines. Right now I am working on a Collie head and it's a pita. I have 3 weeks to finish it up. I think I can do it, but that means days and days of staring at brown! It's for Kyle, a 15 yr old boy with heart problems. And he loves dogs to pieces. His mom writes to me once in a while too. So, it makes stitching it even more special to me.
You'll be hearing about my stitching all the time. I have been charity stitching for 5 yrs now.
Love Quilts 2004 Children

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS