Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ms Fix-it

Honestly, what would these guys do without me? The phone was dead and the internet was down-so something with the computer modem had a problem (I think it was weather or daylight savings related). We tried the standby button on the front of the modem and it didn't do anything. I got the idea to open up the Outlook Express email account and it went right to 'desktop doctor' and said 'no internet connection'-no kidding. It then told us to reset the button on the back of the modem and wait 2 minutes. Bingo! The light on the front of the modem for the phone was lit again, but not the online light. So it said to restart the computer. Still no online connection. I was all set to call Comcast and then I decided to try the standby button again-and it worked. *Bowing*.
I slept like a charm last night and am pretty much my old self today. After some bad take-outs, I promised the guys a spaghetti and meatball dinner tonight (they had the choice of pot roast too). So in a few hours, I'll whip that up for them.
The wind is wicked today. Brian is out cutting the grass. I wanted so much for him to get an attachment for the new mower to pick up the leaves. He stalls all the time. Look how long I longed for my kitchen (19.5 yrs for new readers). I told him I can't handle all the raking in the springtime because he misses so many places just using the mower to clean up with. He does rake, but he could rake more.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the roses moved. I can't wait to see my niece and nephew on Tuesday for Halloween. : )
BTW-my mammogram was fine. I think I need to call about the ultrasound.

Could you keep my friend Warren in your prayers please? He had a mini-stroke last week and just wrote to his pals about it. Said his right side was numb and it was hard to read things. It's hard to know what to say, but I told him I was pulling for him.

1comments:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    LOL glad you were able to figure out how to get back online...sometimes it just needs a bit of thinking:-) Blogger was a pain in the butt Sunday and that's why I'm late visiting...it's my bedtime but wanted to visit a few blogs first! My prayers are with your friend Warren...take care!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS