Monday, October 30, 2006

Buy a truck-get a shotgun!

What's that all about you may ask? Well, it's an ad that Brian got for the local paper that made the news (that's his job anyway)! Brian said that NBC 10 news reporter Deana Durante was in his office today to get a copy of the ad which he gave to her. What happened was that a resident thinks it's unappropriate, especially with the Nickel Mine Amish shootings of less than a month ago (only 15 miles away). People who read the paper live in a very rural area and hunt. I am all for gun control! It's kind of a weird promotion. Why not give them a gift card for dinner or something that won't kill anyone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got outside late in the afternoon to dig up the roses. Sean said he would help, but he went to the gym instead. The ground was soft, but digging up the 5 roses was hard. My 19 yr old Queen Elizabeth rose had a long tap root and I had to cut into that. I also dug up about 15 gladiolus, but chopped into two of them, so I have 13 now. I need to put them in a better spot next year or at least keep them supported so they don't fall over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made caramel apples-so easy, but mine are too sticky! I may have kept them in the microwave too long. We'll eat them anyway. I was thinking about making brittle like Giada DeLorentis made on her show-with dried apricots, toasted almonds and chocolate chips. Does that sound good or what?

4comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    It's been a bit of a weird week for me, so I haven't been on the internet much. Catching up on your blog was fun, of course! And did I read that right? Some company is actually selling cars, and throwing shotguns for free? Strange world...
    How's your tummy?

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Happy Halloween! The brittle sounds yummy- note to self- make some brittle. Will the kids eat it with dried apricots- do I care?

    I am with you on the shotgun issue- I am not anti gun - just for gun control- realy tight gun control. Why don't they offer people a couple of free tanks of gas with their new truck or car?

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, if hunters are their customer base I really don't find it all that unusual. I really don't think they are handing out guns like candy either...there would obviously be registrations and the regular waiting period. The economy is really slow, you see auto dealerships making all sorts of deals these days, so I'm not really surprised.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Happy Halloween Dianne!! Hope your evening was a good one! Glad you came to my Halloween Bash! hehe I can't believe they're giving away shotguns with the purchase of a truck...they're getting pretty desperate! I LOVE caramel apples...send me one??? lol That brittle sure sounds good too, did you end up making some?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS