Thursday, October 05, 2006

Busy, busy

I've been actually busy! Can you tell? I've sold quite a few things on eBay-for a change. Many of them were Halloween related, guess that helps.
Last night I made stuffed cabbage rolls. I think I picked a head of cabbage what was getting old or something, because I just didn't get nice, loose rolls. I was looking for a recipe and found one in an 'old' General Foods cookbook from the year I was born. The only spices it said to add were savory and salt and pepper. Not sure what savory is, but I think it has something to do with turkey stuffing. I decided to pull a Sandra Lee, and threw in a packet of sloppy joe seasonings to the ground turkey, onion, green pepper and rice mix for the filling. It really made a different! I cooked the rest of the cabbage longer and will roll up some more leaves and freeze them.
I did a little shopping yesterday. The local mostly clothing store had summer clothes for 90% off! They are smart and stuck some of the 50% stuff in with them, but I did manage to find a few tops and skirts for next year. I'm getting ready to put away all my summer wardrobe for the year even though it was around 80 yesterday.
We're thinking about seeing comedian Lewis Black down at Widener University in Chester. I called the college and the show is open to the public, but the young woman could not quote me a ticket price. If you don't know who Lewis is, he's a regular on 'The Daily Show' with Jon Stewart. He talks about things in the news and world in general that bug him. He is so spazzy-that's what is so funny. Crossing fingers.

4comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Von said…

    We have our dvr set to record The Daily Show and The Colbert Report everyday. I often watch them while preparing dinner. :D

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Those are some interesting cabbage rolls. Savory is an herb, something along the lines of thyme, that's often used in stuffing. ;>

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Gosh, I haven't made cabbage rolls in so long, now you've made me hungry for them! You did well at those sales...I'm just about ready to put my summer clothes away too! My poor feet are so used to being in sandals, they're bemoaning the fact that I have to put running shoes on them now! lol Hope you can go see that comedian, sounds like a good time!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Now you went and did it, Dianne. I have to go dig out my mom's stuffed cabbage recipe. Looks like I will be making these soon.

    Have a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS