Monday, October 02, 2006

Flea market trip

Sean wanted to take me to the flea market that was held in the parking lot of his college yesterday, so the two of us went. I wasn't sure if I was up to it, I've had a few hairy days, but you know, the fresh air and sun did a body good! We got there a little late, around 2-ish, and I purchased a rickety little child's wicker rocker, being held together by a thread, for $15. I plan just to use it for display purposes. The wicker is falling apart in many areas, and I may tie some pretty ribbons around the arms to prolong it's already long life. The seat is a floral needlepoint with a black background- to me worth the $15 I spent. I cleaned it up a bit (yeck it was dirty) and I'll photograph it tomorrow.
I bought a book on making Victorian items like a dollhouse, a needlebook doll and other lovelies. Then the Penn State alumni was getting rid of stuff for 25¢ each. I was tempted a bit, but more for my eBay sales. I collect mushrooms, so I found a red alabaster one. I need to find what I did with my mushroom collection! I use to have them all lined up on the three front windows before they became a bay window. Right now I want to get some Halloween things in the front window and I have to take out many of the glass items that are in there now. I need to do a little more outside decorating and clean up too. So much to do, so little time.
We stopped by to see my brother Ken and his family. My nephew Kenny has had a growth spurt and is about 5 feet tall now! He's got gorgeous, thick alburn hair. His sister Tori's hair is way down her back and ends in curls. I told her she could pass for Sean's sister. She said, "I'd love to be his sister!" Of course Sean was grinning ear to ear. : )

Here's my little child's rocker

2comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    What a fun day together, and a great flea-market find! :)

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I can't wait to see a picture of that little wicker rocking chair you found at the flea market!! It's amazing what can be done with something that's falling apart:-) I love flea markets and yard sales!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS