Thursday, October 26, 2006

All that driving...

I guess it's not that bad-chipmunk cheeks and all (like 4 yrs ago) : ) Mom took the 30 mile drive with me ( that I talked about on Monday) and it seemed faster as she talked the entire time! In fact I had 2.5 days of non-stop chatter. Poor lil thing is by herself too much, I guess. We went to a Dollar General store and mom went crazy in there. She was buying canned goods left and right. I bought a few things and almost put them back when I saw a dead cockroach on the floor. We then went to the Acme supermarket nearer to home and she bought more (I bought some, but we were sharing a cart and she used more of the space then me). She went home at 4:45 and got herself in work traffic for an hour. I told her she should come back for a little while, but she had to get the food home.
It was nice to have her here for a change of pace for both of us. Did I tell you she bought an inflatable bed for her to sleep on now? We have a guest room, but Bri usually ends up in there with all his snoring. He needs to work on that again... I saw that they have throat spray now for snorers. He says I snore too, but he's been really bad for over 10 yrs.

2comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    You and your garden gnome are a hoot, Dianne!
    I'm glad you spent an enjoyable day with your mother. Sounds like she had a good time too!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I'm glad you've been able to spend time with your mom...sounds like she enjoys shopping as much as you! hehe I was hoping to see my mom this week for lunch but it didn't happen so I thought maybe this weekend but now they're saying we're in for a severe snowstorm overnight so goodness knows what we'll wake up to in the morning!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS