Saturday, July 15, 2006

This n' that weather

It's misty, it's partly sunny and then it's spitting rain. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind! I didn't venture outside until after 2:30 as I was paying bills and ordering some checks and deposit slips for Sean. Speaking of him, he was grouchy from driving 260 miles with his pals to the beach. To me that is totally ridiculous! I guess guys like to do that kind of thing.
My uncle is still in the hospital. He had his bladder cauterization and now they want to make sure his heart is ok. Mom has herself in a stew. She needs to take care of herself so she can take care of him. I can see me going over there and taking care of both of them. My uncle lives about 20 minutes from me.
So here are my prized lilies. I don't know what their names are, I just bought them because they were beautiful. (BTW, I resize my photos before trying to post on blogger, so that's why I can get away with posting 4 or so).


Obedient plant (white and new) and blue salvia-one of my favorites.

One Roma tomato plant-we are going to get quite a harvest!

I haven't seen as many butterflies around this year, have you? I have seen the usual Swallowtails and some Monarchs. That Orange Sulfur was a surprise. I saw an alien like bug on a Cosmos-it was gray and looked like a mini-cricket with long legs.

4comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Naturegirl said…

    My friend and I were just talking about the lack of butterflies this year however this week I have many diferent ones visit..monarchs particularly!!I managed to photo one!!

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    (I resize too. I think Blogger just doesn't like me! LOL)

    Love the growing things - as always. Next summer I hope to plant tomatoes again. Last time, I got Max hooked on fried green tomatoes. :)

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Susimac said…

    Beautiful lilies Dianne they are so pretty.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Hopefully your uncle will be home soon and have a speedy recovery! Also hope your mom doesn't fall apart and you end up having to take care of her too...been there, done that, with my own mom!! Your lilies are gorgeous and what a nice crop of tomatoes you'll be getting! Beautiful!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS