Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wacky day

I hope those of you who have their dads had a nice Father's Day by sending them your love. I do have a dad, but I don't know exactly where he is and we don't communicate. Today was also the 6th anniversary of my maternal grandmom's passing. It wasn't the best day here. Brian decided to open the box of tin and then I had to get involved. Before you know it, I was cutting it and let me tell you, being left-handed and cutting with those tin snips is not easy. It's really frustrating too. Needless to say, we messed up one piece. We did manage to hang it up on the one wall and Brian nailed it with the decorative nails before he checked to see if it was perfectly straight. But since the piece (there were only 3 pieces) is mostly hidden by the back of the oven, we are going to live with it. I am thinking of getting some edging which may help. It looks 95% better than what was there. When we do the other wall, we won't be nailing anything until we make sure it is straight. Here is a photo and it looks so shiny and new. It's not too bad an installation for inexperienced people like us. I curse the carpenter who at first said he would do it and backed out. ; )

We may add the edging to the blue area directly under the microwave and more tin down the wall next to the door.

Sean insisted that we take his dad out to dinner. So we piled in the newly conditioned van and headed to Ruby Tuesday. It wasn't that crowded when we got there and we had a nice dinner. I had been a bit peeved at Brian for nailing the tin up, but this helped.

We went to Kohls and I got a few things that were on sale. The guys got Ford Mustang t-shirts.

We stopped by KMart and they had perennials for $3.75. I got a butterfly bush and a few other plants (I think one is salvia and the other is sedum). It was blasted hot today and I am feeling it tonight.

Sean is looking for his birth certificate and SS card for his job and he can't seem to locate them. I think we needed the BC for our trip to Florida or he needed if for Penn State. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning!

2comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Your garden and kitchen look fantastic. I love your counter tops. How are you liking it so far? We had to buy a new dishwasher and stove in the same month. They both decided to die. Now my dryer is making weird noises. Always something!

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Von said…

    The tin looks great, Dianne!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS