Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life

I just got finished watching the 3-hour long 'most inspirational' top 100 movies of all time as rated by the American Film Institute. Now I must be daft or my brain is water-logged because I didn't even think about 'It's a Wonderful Life' being voted as #1. It certainly is one of my top 10 favorites as is Jimmy Stewart, a fellow Pennsylvanian definitely is one of my favorite actors of all time. I do have a few 'collectables' from the movie-a IAWL cookbook written by Karolyn Grimes, the actress who played 'Zuzu' Susan Bailey in the movie. And I also have the Zuzu porcelain doll (I was into dolls a while back) and the trading cards too.
I'm glad to see 'Rocky' in the top 10. I'm wondering if I've ever seen 'To Kill A Mockingbird' as it was #2 in this list and #1 about a year ago in another AFI special. I'll have to make a mental note to buy that one.
Not much is new. Brian's car is home and repaired at a tune of almost $800! I decided to leave my van to get the air conditioning checked out and a few mystery noises hopefully figured out. My brother the mechanic has tried in the past to do this. I call my van 'the red firecracker' because as soon as it warms up outside, I get a popping noise when I turn the steering wheel left or right. We also have some grinding and humming noises. I think when Sean was learning to drive, he was backing up and really went over a curve bad enough to give me a bubble in the rear right tire that needed to be replaced. I think it's out of alignment. I want to have a vehicle I am not apprehensive to drive.
We went to Carrabbas for dinner (across from car dealership) and came out to torrential downpour.
I spent the evening watching the above show and worked on my 'A Walk in the Woods' cross stitch piece.
BTW, I added a link to Make A Child Smile in my sidebar. It's an web based organization where you are only asked to send 3 sick kids a greeting card each every month. I've been sending the cards to the different children for almost 8 years now. I've come to know many them, lately little Joanna whose mom Lorie sends me email and photos. What a precious child Joanna is.

1comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    "It's A Wonderful Life" has always been my all time favourite movie to watch at Christmas time...I've lost count the number of times I've seen it:-) I didn't realize there was such a cookbook available! Thank you for the Make A Child Smile link...what a wonderful idea!! Nothing better than making a child happy, no matter what small way:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS