Friday, June 30, 2006

Mosaic madness

Well this was a fun and cheap project! Sean and I went to Wally World yesterday and of course I had to see what they had in the way of glass and things. I purchased the vase for $2.49 and about three bags of assorted glass at $1.97 each. I used mostly the squiggley pieces and a few round ones to decorate the clear vase. I had the clear adhesive and the flowers. Some are a week old from the grocery store. The others are bee balm, cosmos, hostas, snapdragons and butterfly bush flowers.


I guess these aren't really mosaics. I just got a book where Sean works and you can make mosaics out of anything from squares of cork to paper. I am really getting inspired.
I am not feeling too great today. I have a pull and have iced it and am waiting for Tylenol to kick in and then I may venture down the now dry road and 23 miles to my mom's house. Wish me luck.

4comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I love the vase and how it looks in your new kitchen. Those tiny tiles are so great! What a fabulous kitchen you've got now!!

    Glad the waters have dried up between you and your mom, and I'm really glad you didn't get swamped.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rachael said…

    What a cute idea. Very creative. Glad that you and your mom are safe from the floods.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Anne S said…

    Love your new vase - very creative! :D

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Now you've made me want to go to Wal Mart and get myself a vase and colored stones! lol It really does look lovely, great job!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS