Friday, May 05, 2006

Kitchen Aid is almost mine


The most important thing was seeing my mom and helping her out. I hadn't planned on doing any yard work at her house, but the grass next to the lily garden (I almost got a stroke planting) was high as an elephant's eye-almost. Mom had to find the weed whacker-she had no gas for the push mower. I weed whacked for her and pulled honeysuckle vines and onion grass out of the lilies. Everything is growing well there including Sweet William (dianthus) and mums. I think the sunny corner next to the back step needs some portulaca. Sean had joined us after his last final. He is feeling better, not 100%, so he didn't do yardwork. The Nyquil really put him in La-la land last night-I didn't hear one sniffle or cough out of him the entire night.
We went to this popular place near mom in Broomall and bought some geraniums, begonias, carnations, and a few other flowers. I was really tempted to buy jasmine and gardenia, but they wouldn't last too well outside. They smell so wonderful.
We headed to Macy's and I ordered a 'blue reef' Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I won't get it until next month as it was a special order. It took the man forever to type in all the gift card #s-he had to do this twice as he hit 'clear' by mistake.
We ate at Carrabbas which we all enjoyed and did another Macy's walk-thru. The shopaholic in my mom drew her to the clothes and she couldn't leave without buying some. I tried to get her to just walk out to no avail.
When we got home to her house my brother Ken had cut the entire yard. My weedwhacking seemed like a futile effort and now I am suffering for it with my bum shoulder blade.
I have an entire box of old photos from mom, so be prepared to see a few after I scan them.
There are a ton of tailgate sales going on tomorrow, but I'm not in the mood to attend (things can change), so I guess I'll plant some flowers and help Bri with the hedges and the bush to prepare for the window installation next Friday.
The floor guy called and said he was installing a floor in North Wildwood and couldn't complete the kitchen floor moulding for us today and that someone would probably come tomorrow-ugh. Did I know where Wildwood was? How lame a question was that? Of course you idiot, I use to go down to 'the beach' every summer there!
Mom loved the photos of the kitchen I took down for her to see. Even Ken got to see them. The walls are grossing people out-they both thought it was mildew. I can't wait to cover that up!

3comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Enjoy that Kitchen Aid! I asked Niek for one a few years back because they are indestructible, but he didn't "get it" and bought a cheaper machine instead which is now so badly cracked (it's plastic) that I barely dare use it.

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger Rachael said…

    Your Kitchen Aid is a great color. I have been longing for the cobalt blue one for years! I had never seen this one though and may have just changed my loyalty to it. What is the first thing you are going to make in it?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I'll probably make cookies Rachael!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS