Sunday, May 07, 2006

A drive in the Delaware countryside

There was a wildflower exhibit over in Greenville, DE. Sean said he'd take me since he knew the back roads from doing volunteer work at Ashland Nature Center in that area a few years back. Well, we were up and down these narrow country roads, and my mouth was hanging open from all the gorgeous streams, waterfalls and homes literally in our backyard that I had missed seeing in 19 years! Sean said he'd take me back so I could take some photos. He's finished everything and has a good solid 'B' average. He's looking for a summer job and has applied online at a few places.
So we saw signs for a wildflower sale and did find that, thus the following photos:




That seat was screaming out for someone to go sit on it-

So Sean did!

I did buy a few wildflowers, but I can't remember the names of them right now. The one has a spikey white flower and the other looks like a cross between a coleus and coral bells. The flowers were pretty much picked over and rather pricey.
Earlier, after church, Brian had taken me to Avondale Gardens and I got some gorgeous peachy flowers-I'll let you know what they are soon. I remember the Lantana and diascia, coleus, ruffled white petunia and burgundy salvia. I made up several pots and put two on the front steps.
We'll get some rain tomorrow so I can switch over my winter clothes with my summer ones and clean up some of the mess Brian left behind in the basement. I think I almost have room for a craft table now!

1comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Even though you didn't get that many flowers, it sounds like a perfectly wonderful mother & son outing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS