Thursday, April 13, 2006

A week and counting


We just got back from an early anniversary dinner at the same place where we ate for Valentine's Day. I had a craving for a mushroom burger, so we went there. Our 22nd anniversary is tomorrow, but it's still Lent, so we ate out tonight. We used the camera phone again:




I am getting excited about the kitchen! I just want everything to run smoothly. I have a feeling they aren't going to like the way the basement looks. I did a lot of moving stuff around down there last month, and I need to do yard work this month.

I have the pond and the waterlily garden up and running as we had 'Florida weather' today.


They was a bit mucky and the pump wouldn't work at first, but I got the pond working. There were tons of mosquito critters in both. I am anxiously awaiting the dark so I can see if my various solar items will light up.
My mom has a cyst or something in the palm of her right hand. She was at the doctor today for a check-up and she needs to get steroid shots there so her middle finger doesn't completely bend toward her palm like is starting to do now. She is a leftie, so she doesn't know why she got the cyst there. She is happy that she weighs 120! Man, did you see her in the photo below? I bet she weighed under 100 there. I did not inherit her skinny gene.

2comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I hope they can get rid of your mom's cyst with no troubles. Skinny genes? There are none in our family to inherit ... sigh.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Von said…

    No skinny genes in my family either. It's amazing I was slim for as long as I was!
    Send some of your warm weather my way, Dianne! We've had some nice days, but it keeps raining. Really shouldn't complain as we get only 7 inches a year, lol! The weeds are just getting so far ahead of me I'm dreading the first day I can really get out there and work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS