Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Some color arrives!

The above lovelies are in my front 'woodland' bed under my big evergreen. People give me jonquils, etc. for Easter and I plant them here. These purple petites are under one of the nasty chestnut trees. Years ago I tried planting croci in a scatter form in the side yard here and they never really did anything. I think the grass was too thick for them there. Where they came from here is a question to me.
I started to clean up outside a little bit with a hand rake (yep, not good for my back). I pulled the screening fabric off the pond and started around there. Then I went around the front and did some of the the woodland bed so the jonquils and tulips can grow more. I see that the daffodils I planted in the fall came up nicely through the leaves in the fairy garden. The giant tulips (also new) and way out in the side yard, are up but just green. Something ate some of them. And the new lilies are coming up in another bed, but a few didn't make it. The ones I planted at my mom's look really great. They are next to the house, so they are sheltered and it's quite sunny there. They are under a new layer of dirt and mulch. I hope they will be gorgeous for mom.

4comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Susie said…

    Lucky you for spring flowers and color!
    Rain, rain, rain is the song we sing here!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Looks like your gardening season has arrived.
    It's probably deer eating your tulips (or rabbits). I hope they don't eat them all.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Beautiful flowers! They remind me of growing up in MD. We can't grow either of them here in FL.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Kerri said…

    Yah..spring has sprung! Isn't it wonderful?
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I've had fun reading some of yours. You aren't too far away from me! (as far as bloggers go). Isn't it neat learning what's going on all over the world?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS