Monday, March 13, 2006

Balmy weather

It was in the 70s today! I did get to take the cat out on his harness, but alas I am still moving stuff around in the kitchen as I need more boxes. I am throwing more things away too. I moved a tall shelved unit into the dining room area that held cat food, first aid, beverages, booze, etc. I threw away about 15 drinks that were expired. This was my main complaint about the storage in the kitchen-things got buried on shelves and we just forgot about them. Brian needs to look at the booze tomorrow. I set him up with a lot of recycling tonight!

My mom went to the eye doctor for the first time today since last June. The pressure was up in both eyes and the doctor recommended cataract surgery for both eyes. She'll have that in June and be in and out of the hospital in 6 hours. Mom has trouble driving at night.
My grandmom seemed to follow the same course when I was a teenager. She even had the lens removed in one eye but she'd lose the contact all the time. I am sure all that is vastly improved.

And in closing-thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them all and keep them coming!

2comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Good for your mom, getting her cataracts taken care of. Good luck to you with all your sorting, cleaning, and organizing!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I can't wait to see the after pics of the kitchen. We are doing the family room right now and are waiting on the carpet to be installed. We have to wait two weeks because they are so busy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS