Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Not a good night

Sean, my son got bad news through email tonight. One of his fellow freshman was killed in a car accident yesterday. He is really shook up. When he's upset he yells and acts out. He's a commuter and I think this is scaring him a bit.
This lead to a discussion about him saying he wants to go to a school in the boonies three hours from here. He would not be happy in the boonies. Living in the boonies cost $7k a year (just living there) that we can't afford. He only has one more year where he goes now. He doesn't work and is home by 1pm, 3 days a week. Not too bad.
I guess he doesn't realize what life is really about until something tragic happens. I feel terrible for him, but I am upset for all the yelling and harsh words. Wish him well. He really needs a punching bag sometimes.

5comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, I am so sorry to hear that sad news. Your son will go through anger and shock before he comes to terms with his loss. Anything he says right now may well be just out of those feelings. I will keep him in my prayers :-)

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your thoughts Carol. He's usually pretty mild tempered and never yells at me, so I am trying cope. I did give him a big hug earlier when he first got the news.
    Too bad the damn newspaper had to have a large photo of the accordianized car on the front page. Sure that didn't help Sean much.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    I'm really sorry to hear of the sad news, I hope your Sean, will feel a bit better soon, it just takes a bit of time, its often better it comes out the grief than stays bottled up.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Hi Dianne, sorry I missed this yesterday. How's the situation going now that he's had a little more time to come to terms with it? It is so hard when our kids lash out against us, when we're trying so hard to help. Take care.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    What's the expression-it takes a day? I forget exactly, but Sean is doing much better. He didn't really know the fella that well, but of course seeing the newspaper with the wreck pictured on the front upset us all.
    Thanks for your kind words. They were much appreciated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS