Monday, January 30, 2006

I wish I was a steamroller...

The sofa is gone for I don't know how long. In it's place is a little floral loveseat from the living room. Mass destruction is all around me. There's a knock on the door. I had been playing with my hair and I am sure it was sticking up funny. And who is at the door, a lady who is a hairdresser who lives down the road. She and her teenage daughter are at my front step and they have never been in here before, yet we were in the same choir (the lady) for about 5 yrs. So I invite her in. She hasn't been in this house since the last owners. I commented that they probably didn't have all the tchotchkes and teddy bears. I showed her around though things were out of place. What the heck. All she really wanted to know is who made our roofing shingles! I did manage to locate the pamphlet after they left (they had just turned onto the road-darn I'm good!). So I called her on her cell and said to turn around. The pamphlet awaits her return. Maybe next time she can stay for a cup of tea in a much neater environment.

~Update~
I am on the ball with getting the needed home equity loan for the kitchen. I called about 5 banks and found a great rate. I am just waiting for the lady to call me back. I happen to drive by the bank today and it was pretty crowded, so maybe she had to wait until the end of the day.

1comments:

  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Great that you've found agreeable rates for your home improvement. Full steam ahead!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS