Thursday, December 08, 2005

Update on today

So I'm kinda tired in a good way. I feel like I accomplished a few things-checked them off the 'to-do' list.
First I got to my mom's about 2. I was running late. The post office wasn't too bad, though the two women in front of me weren't prepared at all-the workers were boxing and taping their items. Totally unfair. I want to tell Barbara CL that I sent her a 'surprise' in the mail today. It's in appreciation of our love for cross stitching and it's nice to have a new friend like you. Thanks dear. I hope you like it.
Sean came from class and we went to the Kindy Christmas place-total bomb (expensive) except for their lights which they are known for. I got some pink ones-my guys are gonna love me this year and mom got gold lights. I think mine were $2.39 for 50 (I got two packages).
Next stop- Goodwill. We unloaded about 6 bags of stuff. I thank the man who dropped off at the same time so the worker didn't know who gave him 30 pairs of shoes. I got rid of Jane Seymour's pregnancy exercise book. Why I still had that is beyond me. We went into the store and they had tons of Christmas stuff. I look for the old things and got a little Santa salt shaker and some collectable ornaments from Hallmark. Sean got a nice American Eagle Outfitter sweater.
I decided to treat Mom and Sean to the Outback Steakhouse (no Ruby burger). Like Barbara (from her comment), I am not a big red meat eater, but I did get sirloin. Very good. I am glad mom liked her steak and she has some for tomorrow.
Fortunately, the American's Best Eyewear store was a few stores down from the restaurant. I had to wait, but I am getting two pairs for about $100 less than what Sean's cost from Lenscrafters (robbers). They are both Eddie Bauer. One pair is a rectangular tortoiseshell (my smart look) and the other are a goldish-green, the color is named 'oyster'. Both have tinted lens. They'll be ready next week. I thought I could get some for mom, but you need a prescription. Her frames are in terrible shape and they are new. I believe she sat on them.
We dropped by Macy's to get the makeup I get from Estee Lauder every year. I don't wear makeup around the house but never go out without it-too scary!
The last stop was Trader Joes. I love that store because of the variety. I wish we had one around here. I got some excellent goodies for tomorrow such as crumpets, layered taco dip, chocolate chip dippers, etc. I'll make some eggplant parmigiana for dinner.
It was nice for Sean to be able to follow me home. My brakes have been grinding a bit. I still have some shopping to do. I actually got a list from Brian-I put him on the spot and made him write one out. I'll be ordering a few things online.
Watch for snow photos tomorrow!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS