Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Retrospect

It takes a little thing like finding an old letter to set me straight. I am sure you could tell by my previous post that I am feeling stressed by the looming holiday. I sat on the floor in the living to go through some of Sean's old school papers (from 6th grade and up!) that I need to move. They've been in a big green box for too long in the living room (nice decor). I am not lazy. Around the time those papers started to accumulate, I was suffering from the ill effects of Lyme Disease. I am still not 100%. I have other issues, but I try to do the best I can with little help from the guys here. So I saw the folded up note among the algebra and school papers with penciled printing and I opened it and caught my breath. It was from an old friend who really turned into more of an acquaintance over the years. Sandy hand wrote all her notes every year to me so I could catch up on what was going on with her family. What touched me was the part that said 'life is wonderful'. It was 1999, Sandy was 39 and had less than 4 years to live. I don't know what cancer took this sweet woman, but she is still touching me through her words today. I just sent off a card to her family yesterday. I had to continue to do that, for them and in memory of her.
I feel better now.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS