Monday, December 05, 2005

Getting there

I was bound and determined to get out of the house today. My cold is past the endless tissue stage into the Elmer glue stage. So when the first snowflakes started to fly, I really got myself going and gathered up about 7 packages plus all my Christmas cards to mail. The post office wasn't too bad. I usually am really orderly and they love that about me-lol. But, because my package to Ireland was larger or something, I had to fill in another larger custom's form. I hate saying what's in the package as it's suppost to be a surprise. Then some of my Christmas cards were bulky and needed more postage. I bought a few sheets of 23¢ cent stamps and stood and 'weighed' each card (I can determine postage pretty well now) out in the lobby. I still have about 8 packages to mail over the next few weeks. Some can be stamped by me.
I even managed to get a decent food order though I forgot dish soap and dry cat food. Darn! I was trying to fill my brown paper bag with frozen things and the deal was to get an extra 10% off those items. I saved an extra $4.00!
Not much decorating here. I think this weekend looks promising for the inside decor, mainly the tree. We bought an artificial one last year that opens like an upside down umbrella. I did put up my Snowman triple wreath that I made a few years ago. He has cone shaped clear lights on him.
Tomorrow I have to clean for the Comcast guy-basically around the computer. I don't know where he will run the cable for broadband.
Does anyone know if you can get sick from someone who has a cold sore other than getting one yourself? My mom had a nasty cold sore (I don't remember her having any before this one) at Thanksgiving and then I got the bad cold, so I was wondering if she gave me a virus.


Mister snowman (from a few years ago). He actually looks better with his lights turned on!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS