Friday, December 09, 2005

Stitching Blogger Question

Have you done any charity stitching, been in one, or would like to organize one?
My middle name should be 'charity' instead of Carol! LOL
The main org I stitch for-and I have stitched at least 30+ squares is 'Love Quilts'. Then I have done stitching for 'Cole's Quilts' and 'Operation Teddy Bear' plus a MSN Cross Stitch group. I am signed up to stitch for OECS (for older folks in nursing homes over in England), and I plan to do a few squares for them shortly as I have deadlines looming for LQs.
Charity stitching for kids is great. I love seeing photos of the sick kids with the finished quilts wrapped snugly around them. I stitch some things for family and friends (and they have to be really unusual), but I think giving away what you stitch to strangers takes commitment and love for your craft-well it takes it to a different level.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS